TO ALL THE SPEAKERS AND SPONSORS FOR A FANTASTIC EVENT IN 2016
IF YOU MISSED THE EVENT YOU CAN PURCHASE THE POST CONFERENCE MATERIALS HERE.
SEE YOU IN MAY 2017!
Form Partnerships * Manage Supply Chains * Cut Costs* Calculate Risk
Business Support Director,
DONG Energy Wind Power US
Senior Vice President - Head of Business Area Wind
Senior Vice President New Energy Solutions - Wind and Carbon Capture & Storage
Head of Renewable Energy
Søren A. Nielsen
Vice President, Fred. Olsen Ocean Ltd
Fred. Olsen Windcarrier
Kristian Ascanius Jacobsen
Head of Business Development
Manager Offshore Wind and Ocean Power Systems
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Manager, Offshore Wind
The Carbon Trust
Senior Director, Offshore Wind Sector Development
Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
Managing Director - Commercial Operation, Sales & Marketing, Offshore Wind
GE Renewable Energy
Director of New Business
David Carrascosa Francis
Head of Offshore Wind
Executive Board Member / Chief Sales and Marketing Officer
EEW Special Pipe Constructions GmbH
Prof. Habib Dagher
Director, Advanced Structures and Composites Center
University of Maine
Green Giraffe B.V
Chadbourne & Parke
Chadbourne & Parke
Director - Energy Group
François Van Leeuw
The No.1 Global Meeting Point For The Entire Wind Industry...
of Dedicated Networking
Industry experts from around the world explain the latest techniques for getting steel into water.
The time to act is now. Participate and secure your future in the multi-billion dollar US offshore wind industry.
Join 250+ senior executives and 25+ exhibitors at the 2016 conference to network and establish your business in what is set to become one of North America's largest energy industries:
- How to plan and develop successful projects: Talk to leading developers who have devised proven strategies for bringing large-scale wind farms safely to market.
- Identify cost reduction potential: Learn the most efficient ways to raise finance, design equipment, organize logistics, run supply chains, carry out construction and minimize the "levelized cost of energy" (LCoE).
- Develop supply chains and infrastructure: Find out how to build up the supply chains and project teams that can deliver utility-scale schemes, including project pipelines, supporting infrastructure, installation and commissioning, and O&M planning.
- Engage with partners, collaborators and stakeholders: Identify collaborators in horizontal, vertical and adjacent markets and develop strategic partnerships with developers, EPCs, contractors and policy-makers.
- Understand policy and financial frameworks: Analyse the developing US policy framework as well as successful European subsidy schemes and which tax regimes are required to support long-term investment.
Key Industry Facts
- First “Steel is in the water”- First of five steel foundation jackets now installed for Deepwater Wind’s Block Island Wind Farm - Americas first offshore wind farm.
- 21 projects remain in the development pipeline totalling 15,650MW
- $90+ billion estimated capital costs to deliver project pipeline
Speakers From Our Other Industry Leading Events
Who you will meet at the 2016 Conference and Exhibition
- Developer perspectives: Hear developers present their planned projects and strategies, supply chain requirements and the market conditions needed for project success
- Offshore Wind Supply Chain Development: Learn what is required to achieve a market of scale in the U.S. including infrastructure requirements, foundation design, construction planning, manufacturing, staging & assembly and O&M planning
- Partnering and Joint Venturing Opportunities: Connect with industry experts and join a community of EPC’s from Oil and Gas and U.S. Onshore Wind that are looking to identify industry collaborators from the USA and Europe
- Transitioning into the U.S. Offshore Wind Supply Chain: Review upcoming projects and commercial opportunities against your capabilities so that you can anticipate the opportunities to diversify into the offshore wind sector
- Policy and Financial Frameworks: Receive a detailed review of successful offshore wind support mechanisms and proposed ORECs necessary to stimulate market growth
Testimonials From Wind Energy Update Events:
"The event was amazing. It was an eye opener and very informative. It brought about a different perspective on Wind energy that was not really known to all "- Muhammad Essop, Department of Environmental Affairs
"I thoroughly enjoyed the smaller but focused networking opportunities that WESSA presented"- Kilian Hagemann, Director, G7 Renewables
Who Should Attend And Why?
- C-level executives and senior managers involved in offshore wind projects
- Business development managers from oil and gas contractors and other adjacent markets
Are You A Developer?
- Opportunity to demonstrate exactly what you need in terms of a U.S. offshore wind supply chain so that manufacturer, suppliers and service companies can get ready to deliver your projects on time and within budget
- Demonstrate what market conditions you require to progress
- Analyse subsidy schemes and tax regimes that were successful in Europe and how they can be applied to the US Market
Are you an EPC contractor, service provider or supplier?
- Understand what developers require in terms of a supply chain, likely project timelines and when and where you fit in
- Demonstrate how your technologies and capabilities can reduce project capital costs and support the pipe line of projects i.e. vessel support, foundation design, construction, turbines, O&M) line
- Network with industry leaders, make the right connections and seize the exciting new commercial opportunities in domestic U.S. offshore wind
Are you a New Market Entrant transitioning into the offshore wind supply chain?
- Review upcoming projects and commercial opportunities against your capabilities so you can plan to diversify into the offshore wind sector
- Understand the layers of the supply chain, where your company fits in and who your customers are
- Anticipate the size of market and how to tender to developers
- Learn how to joint venture and identify partners and what has worked well so far
Are you in government and policy development?
- Understand your role in developing a robust offshore wind supply chain and infrastructure required to drive down cost and attract more developers to the market
- Develop a collaborative and coherent strategy with industry stakeholders to boost the offshore wind market, essential for economic growth and job creation
Companies By Sector
- Project developers and operators
- Utilities, power generation and energy companies
- Components / materials and equipment manufacturers
- Wind turbine manufacturers
- Operations & maintenance
- Marine contractors and shipyards
- Finance, insurance and legal services
- Consultancies and service providers
- Installation and logistics
- Certification and classification bodies
- Public Authorities
- R&D Institutes and Universities