*The Offshore Wind Procurement & Construction Sumit has taken place this website will be shut down soon*
Wind Energy Update would like to thank all the speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and attendees who contributed to the information that was shared, the debates initiated and the experience received on site by all.
How to identify project scope, effectively handle risk, develop contractor relations and manage interfaces to execute profitable offshore wind projects
The Offshore Wind Series Summits are now recognised as Europe's most reputable and rewarding commercial business forums. Since 2009 over 1,100 delegates, 300 companies, 50 exhibitors and sponsors from 35 different countries have come together to develop winning offshore strategies, conduct important business and to cement their company's name in the growing industry.
Offshore wind’s biggest developers confirmed to speak:
Key topics to be discussed at the 2014 Summit:
- UPGRADING CONSTRUCTION MODELS AS WE MOVE TO DEEPER WATERS: Ensure increased efficiency, reduced timelines and minimised costs for streamlined construction processes
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT: Successfully manage multiple contracts, reducing delays during procurement & construction to reduce CAPEX
- RISK MITIGATION STRATEGIES: Explore the main risks within an offshore wind project, from actual project experience and discover how these could be mitigated
- WEATHER RISK MITIGATION: Upgrading weather strategy as we move farshore to reduce risk impact of weather days for smoother running projects
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION IN OFFSHORE WIND: Explore the most exciting areas (vessels, foundations & grid connection) for R&D and how the supply chain needs to evolve to achieve cost reduction for the industry
- INVESTOR ROLE IN OFFSHORE WIND EXECUTION: Upgrade financial models according to investor apetite to ensure a fully bankable project
Other industry experts speaking include:
So who will you meet?
Based on the unprecedented success of the last 6 years and the collaborations that have gone into making 2014 the biggest and most important summit yet, here is just some of what you can expect:
Key speakers at the 2014 Summit: E.ON, Mainstream Renewable Power, Scottish Power Renewables, TenneT, Green Investment Bank, Augusta & Co, Typhoon Offshore, GeoSea and many more...
|Meet every part of the offshore value chain
for construction in one place:
|Meet with decision makers to build your business.
Here is a sample of the 2013 attendees:
Very good conference with relevant topics. Facilities and presenters were excellent
Northland Power Inc.
Key Features from 2013:
The 6th Offshore Wind Series: Procurement & Construction Summit is offering you an additional range of exclusive benefits to guarantee you take away only the hottest leads at this industry-leading event:
- Pre and Post Event Online Networking Suite - To ensure you meet your existing clients and schedule time with potential new customers, we've created an online networking service for you to arrange meetings weeks before the event takes place and remain in contact weeks after the event has taken place
- On Site Interactive Networking Hub - Meeting the right people amongst 200+ industry leaders is no easy task so we have arranged for an interactive messaging board onsite to ensure you can give your business cards to the right people, even if you can't find them
- Superior Stakeholders Evening Outing - on a strictly invite only list, we are arranging a closed door session so the biggest utilities, buyers, OEMs and EPCs can discuss openly and frankly the real issues that they are facing. This will ensure the biggest names are present so you can meet-up and share your opinions
Developers who have attended one or more of our summits include:
What's new for 2014:
- Focussed sessions on financing offshore wind
- All major active developers represented
- Handpicked advisory board representing all areas of the industry
- Bringing together all active departments for companies currently involved in building offshore wind farms
- Researched and produced for your optimised commercial success
Why attend the Procurement & Construction Summit?
The 6th Offshore Wind Series: Procurement & Construction Summit is your number one meeting point to secure your slice of this multi-billion euro industry. Hear key stakeholders in the offshore wind value chain address the most critical challenges in the UK & Europe’s seas so you can align your strategy to capitalize on this multi-billion Euro industry.
- Senior level offshore wind experts sharing their ideas and understanding, allowing you to network, learn and adopt the best strategies for your operations
- Hand-picked guest speakers from renowned operators, regulators and contractors to provide a complete industry perspective on the most important offshore wind advances
- Exhibition stands, a dedicated networking zone and enhanced meeting opportunities will give you an all-round opportunity to discover the latest and most cost-effective technology available to install offshore wind farms
- Extensively researched and detailed agenda to address the key challenges, latest developments and crucial industry needs